My gran made the best blueberry cheesecake. Graham cracker crust, lots of butter, cream cheese, cool whip, canned blueberries, more sugar, pecans. MMMM
Now, my husband and I are both on this diet for different health reasons. Limiting refined sugar, salt, wheat, dairy and egg.
I’ve been working with my dietary restrictions for a long time, so I have gotten pretty good at making food taste good within my limitations.
But this is my best yet. I have outdone myself.
So if you have dietary restrictions, here is my approximation of my Gran’s blueberry dessert.
HEALTHY BLUEBERRY GOO THAT IS ACTUALLY GOOD.
1 pint or more of blueberries
some honey or maple syrup to taste, about 6 tbsp
a cup of cashews
can of coconut milk
3 tbsp coconut oil
some pecans (however many you want)
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup almond flour
a quarter cup of boiling water
zest and juice of 2 limes lemons
cardamom or vanilla to taste
- Preheat oven to 350
- soak the cashews in boiling water.
- mix the oats, pecans, coconut oil, almond flour, a tablespoon or two of coconut milk, and 1-2 tbsp honey
- rinse blueberries and dump into a baking dish, add a lemon’s worth of juice, a splash of water, 1-2 tbsp of honey, and a sprinkle of cornstarch if you have it
- put the oat stuff on top
- bake 30 minutes
- put about 1/3 cup of coconut milk in the blender with the soggy cashews. add juice and zest of one lemon or lime
- blend til creamy, then stick in fridge.
- when the cobbler is cooked, serve hot with the creamy goo on top.
IT’S SO GOOD Y’ALL! Thanks Gran. Grateful to be able to eat yummies without it making me sick.